War Whoop Online

The School Newspaper of Seminole High School

War Whoop Online

War Whoop Online

BOTH SIDES: Her view

BOTH SIDES: Her view

It has been said that girls are complex and always changing. This, of course, was said by a man. The fact is, girls aren’t all that complex. It’s just the fact that males’ minds don’t work as quickly as our minds do.   For example, when a cute boy says something relatively nice to a girl, the girl immediately believes that he’s the one for her. She’s probably already thought of baby names. In reality, he was just trying to be nice. He might not even know her name…but she already knows those baby names. This has to do with the quickness of the female brain. Our brains are like fast cars; the male brain is like a bicycle. It gets the job done, but not very quickly. That might be one reason that boys and girls clash.

Boys are like raccoons. They can never leave anything alone. They are always messing with things, and they’ve never learned how to keep their chairs on the ground (I swear it’s just a boy thing). Due to this, girls constantly have to behave as motherly figures.

Girls also have very high expectations. Too high. We tend to believe that our first date will be the man we marry and spend forever with. However, if they get past the clashing, baby names, wedding colors and high expectations, things might start going somewhere…like a date.

Boys don’t think about dates in the same ways girls do. We want everything to be picture perfect (and there will probably be tons of pictures involved). We spend hours finding the right thing to wear, doing our hair and makeup and making sure everything is just perfect.

On the other hand, a boy doesn’t take as long to get ready. He might not even look at his hair before he picks up the girl. Instead of thinking “THIS HAS TO BE PERFECT”, he thinks “Whatever happens, happens”.

We ladies stress about what we’ll say, what we’ll do, even what we’ll order at the restaurant. We spend the night before running over what the perfect date will be or maybe even how disastrous it will be. We worry about every tiny detail, while the boy might not think about it until zero hour.

Once we get to the actual date, it had better be perfect. We mostly like chick flicks. It’s important to us that you men do too. We want to see your sensitive side. We think that romantic comedies are like real life, and if you are uninterested, 80 red flags pop up in our heads.

Dinner needs to be filled with engaging conversation. We want you to actually talk, and we want you to talk about us. We want to hear compliments. Some girls will fish for compliments, but most girls just want to hear them without having to hint.

On the other hand, we don’t want you to volunteer your opinion. If we want your opinion, we’ll ask. If we ask, we still don’t want your opinion. We want to hear our opinion; that’s why we are always asking you if you are listening.