War Whoop Online

The School Newspaper of Seminole High School

War Whoop Online

War Whoop Online

SkillsUSA qualifies 73 for state competition

SkillsUSA qualified 73 members for state competition in April in Corpus Christi after district contest in Odessa on Feb. 23-24.

Auto Tech SkillsUSA won eight medals and qualified 19 for state.

The community service team of junior Isabella rudder, sophomore Jody Kauffman and junior Rachel Rempel took first and qualified for state.

The promotional bulletin board team of junior Adison Thomas, senior Josilyn Wilkerson and junior Kyra Giesbrecht took first and qualified for state.

In automotive service technology, senior Dedrick Hildebrand took second, qualifying for state. Junior Cody Giesbrecht was third.

In motorcycle service technology, junior Clancey Cope took first, qualifying for state.

In quiz bowl, the team of Cope, freshman Brandon Nosek, junior Jan Chavez Martinez, K. Giesbrecht and senior Edison Shepard took first, qualifying for state.

In chapter business procedure, the team of senior Roby Hudnall, Rudder, Kauffman, freshman Zayne Wiebe and freshman Alejandro Hernandez Perez took first, qualifying for state.

Building Construction SkillsUSA, three members qualified for state in construction tool identification by making the top 10 at district: junior Aiden Randolph took fourth, junior Gonzalo Ariza Arellano was sixth and junior Isaiah Gonzales took ninth.

Cosmetology SkillsUSA took six medals and qualified seven for state.

In esthetics, senior Nevaeh Alvarado took first and  senior Ariana Lopez took second, both qualifying for state. Senior Jessica Giesbrecht took third.

In nail care, junior Lidia Friesen was first, qualifying for state.

In barbering, senior Rachel Harms took first, qualifying for state.

In quiz bowl, the team of Alvarado, senior Jordon Donaldson, J. Giesbrecht, Harms and Lopez took second, qualifying for state.

In Law Enforcement SkillsUSA took nine medals and three blue ribbons, qualifying 16 for state.

In felony traffic stop, the team of  juniors Nicholas Reyes and Yumalai Roblero Perez took first, qualifying for state; while the team of sophomores Boston Jaquez and Audiel Sanchez were second.

In building search, the team of juniors Jase Warlick, Amberley Alvidrez, Reyes and Sarah Danley were first, qualifying for state; while the team of senior Bryce Sarli, senior Woody Duncan, sophomore Dominic Delgadillo and freshman Victoria Baros took second.

In police application, Reyes was first, sophomore Isaiah Castillo was second, both qualifying for state; and freshman Avery Wood was third.

In quiz bowl, the team of Wood, Reyes, Sarli, freshman Landon Pratt, Baros and Jaquez took first, qualifying for state.

In crime scene investigation, the team of sophomore Yassmely Medina Herrera, freshman Ayleen Mata Pando and Castillo took second, wile the team of wood, Robber Perez and Baros were fourth.

In criminal justice panel, three teams advanced to state: Duncan and Warlick, seniors Ingrid Lopez Jimenez and Karol Saenz Ledesma, and Mata Pando and Medina.

In Health Sciences SkillsUSA, members won 24 medals, qualifying 28 to state.

In health knowledge bowl, the team of  senior Adam Garcia, senior Felicidy Peters, junior Tracy Giesbrecht and senior Maggie Duncan took first, qualifying for state. The team of  senior Brooklyn Hernandez, senior Nylah Mares, junior Mika Hernandez and junior Avery Lovelady took third.

In medical terminology, junior Jack Chen was first and T. Giesbrecht was second, both qualifying for state.

In medical math, F. Peters was first, sophomore Maira Simone’s Gonzalez took second, and senior Makenna Neufeld took third. All three qualified for state.

In health occupational professional portfolio, senior Nevaeh Swift was first, and junior Yamileth Macias Unrest took second, both qualifying for state. Senior Aryn Roybal was third.

In related technical math, Chen was first, and senior Ava Olivas was second, both qualifying for state.

In chapter display, junior Lliani Lopez and M. Hernandez and junior Skyla Teichroeb took first, qualifying for state.

In career pathway health science, the team of senior Jose Arellano Carlos, sophomore Adriana Vasquez and senior Damaris Gallegos took second.

In job interview, junior Jaedyn Bailey took third.

In customer service, Arellano Carlos took first and Lopez took second, both qualifying for state.

In prepared speech, Swift took second, qualifying for state.

In job demo, sophomore Claudia Flores Rodriguez was third.

In opening and closing ceremony, the team of Gallegos, sophomore Gabriel Alaniz, Mares, sophomore Austin Feiler, senior Jailyn Sotelo and Royal took first, qualifying for state.

In nursing assisting, Duncan took first, qualifying for state. Senior Yatziry Aragon Chavaria was second and B. Hernandez took third.

In basic health care, senior Kloe Ruiz was first, qualifying for state.

Welding Industrial Arts SkillsUSA took two medals.

In welding fabrication, senior Landon Sims, junior Dominic Petersen and junior Zeke Carrillo took third.

In Welding I, junior Josue Portillo took third.