War Whoop Online

The School Newspaper of Seminole High School

War Whoop Online

War Whoop Online

CinemaJen: Summer movies bring variety, action, sequels

This summer holds more than heat, swimming pools and sunburns. Summer blockbusters are hotter than ever, maybe Taylor Lautner has something to do with that.

Coming to theaters this summer are action-packed movies, romances you can sink your teeth into and sequels with the reappearance of old friends like Woody and Buzz Lightyear.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Artenton star in the action-adventure  flick based on a video game, Prince of Persia, which will come to theaters May 28. Walt Disney films brings this epic adventure of struggles between good and evil. A prince (Gyllenhaal) joins forces with a princess (Artenton) to protect an ancient dagger capable of releasing the Sands of Time–a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

If fantasy isn’t your thing, The A-Team, which opens June 11, is an action movie starring Liam Nelson and Bradley Cooper. If the name sounds familiar, it is because it is a remake of the television show from 20 years ago. The A-Team is about a group of Iraq War veterans who are falsely accused of committing a crime and wish to clear their name. The group of men will get their revenge. Hopefully, Liam Nelson won’t let me down in this movie.

The movie I can’t wait to see, Toy Story 3, comes to theaters June 18.  The film features the voices of Tom Hanks as Woody and Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear, and represents the third movie from the 1995 movie Toy Story. Woody, Buzz and the rest of the toys are dumped into a day care center after their owner, Andy, leaves for college. The toys find themselves in the care of untamed children who do not play nicely with their toys. The gang, along with new companions like a Ken doll, plan their great escape.

The next installment of the Twilight saga, Eclipse will be making its debut, June 30. Starring Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, Eclipse is set to be a box office hit following in the footsteps of its predecessors Twilight and New Moon. The much-anticipated Eclipse will continue right where New Moon left off and will contain vampire and werewolf warfare, romance between Bella and Edward and maybe Jacob and  plenty of special effects.

Not only am I looking forward to the lazy days and fun nights summer has to offer, but I’m also anticipating the great movies it will bring.